New at Astade (and C++ for that matter)
Michael Nester
2010-04-22 19:55:23 UTC
After getting the "Hello world" example to work, I changed "printf(..."
to "cout << ... ".

I added "#include <iostream>" and "using namespace std;", the example
still works.

I tried using "cin >> ..." after "cout << "Hello world"...".

It now prints "Hello world" then hangs.

In my Config menu, build, clean, rebuild and run are all grayed until I
exit then restart Astade.

Is there a trick to getting keyboard input?

Why are these items grayed?

Even when my program runs successfully, there are still some red/black
exclamation marks on some components and packages.

What do these mean?

Mike Nester

Thomas Spitzer
2010-04-23 05:09:14 UTC
After getting the “Hello world” example to work, I changed “printf(…”
to “cout << … “.
I added “#include <iostream>” and “using namespace std;”, the example
still works.
I tried using “cin >> …” after “cout << “Hello world”…”.
It now prints “Hello world” then hangs.
You run your program in the "Make" window of Astade. To explain: Astade
has a small console window, to watch the make process and catch the
Compiler error messages. If you have a "Run" target in your make file,
it is even possible to run the program in that way.
This Window does not pass the keyboard input to to running process, so
you cannot run a program which needs keyboard input inside this window.
In my Config menu, build, clean, rebuild and run are all grayed until
I exit then restart Astade.
Astade supports only one make running at a time. The menu items are
greyed, as long as the "make" is running. This is as a protection, that
you cannot start more than one make process.
There is a "stop" button in the toolbar, which should kill the currently
running "make". This might help.
Is there a trick to getting keyboard input?
At the moment, this is not implemented. Run your program in a separate
terminal, than everything is working as usual.
Why are these items grayed?
To protect from starting more than one "make" at a time.
Even when my program runs successfully, there are still some red/black
exclamation marks on some components and packages.
What do these mean?
black: You did not give a comment for that element.
red: This element contains an element without a comment.